Licensing question

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:24 AM

If I distribute my application under Ms-PL as source code or compiled executables can I link you library and what requirements I must conform to?

Sorry for asking such question but I’m really incompetent in all this licensing stuff.

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

What the CustomeTemplating dll concerns: (from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Lesser_General_Public_License):

"LGPL can be linked to (in the case of a library, 'used by') a non-(L)GPLed program, regardless of whether it is free software or proprietary software. This non-(L)GPLed program can then be distributed under any chosen terms if it is not a derivative work."

So in your case you can distribute the CustomTemplating dll as long as you didn't modify the source code.

BUT as mentioned on the homepage uses the library the T4 dll that comes with VS. Unfortunately you can't redistribute the T4 dll togetter with your application so an installed VS is required on the pc that runs your application.

"Due to that fact that T4 is part of the Visual Studio, using the CustomTemplating Library requires that Visual Studio is installed."

HTH

Tim